[Eecs-news-links] CMOS Analog Circuit Designer @ HP (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 14 17:41:17 PDT 2013

For more info see:
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4215856&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_premjb-ttl-cn&ut=3EoGjw0YjTJ5E1
CMOS Analog Circuit Designer

Hewlett-Packard <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, OR (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description
Description

Designs, analyzes, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical/electronic parts, components, sub-systems, algorithms, or integrated circuitry for electrical/electronic equipment and other hardware systems. Conducts feasibility studies, design margin and validation analyses and empirical testing on new and modified designs. Assists in architecture development and assessment. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, designs, and techniques used in production. May direct support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.

Responsibilities

  *   Designs portions of engineering solutions for electrical and electronic parts, subsystems, integrated circuitry, and algorithms based on established engineering principles and in accordance with development technology practices and guidelines.
  *   Develops and implements parameters and test plans for existing designs, including validation of tolerances, form/fit/function, shock and vibration, electromagnetic interference, safety, reliability, thermal generation, and system power measurements
  *   Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners on electrical hardware design and development.
  *   Participates as a member of project team of other electrical hardware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.

QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience

  *   Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
  *   Minimum 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills

  *   Using electrical design tools and software packages.
  *   Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
  *   Designing electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms
  *   Using empirical analysis, modeling and testing methodologies to validate component, circuit, and hardware designs and thermal/emissions management
  *   Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.

Company Description
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.

No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Additional Information
Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Engineering, Design
Industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Employer Job ID: 1044127
Job ID: 4215856

  *   Apply on Company Website <http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?externalApply=&jobId=4215856&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhp%2Etaleo%2Enet%2Fcareersection%2F2%2Fjobdetail%2Eftl%3Fjob%3D1044127%26src%3DPilotLI&urlhash=mhFI>