[Eecs-news-links] FW: Support Engineer Position

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Thu Mar 14 13:18:48 PDT 2013

From: Cunanan, Jill [mailto:cunanann at amazon.com]
Subject: Support Engineer Position

We are looking for students who are graduated in December 2012 and students who will be graduating this spring.

Support Engineer:

Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. We are seeking people with strong technical skills to resolve our customers' most challenging problems. Do you have experience in your University's Computer Lab or outside projects working with Linux, Unix or Windows? Do you know the advantages of working in a highly distributed virtual environment? Are you comfortable with networking technologies including DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing. If you fit the description, you might be the person we are looking for!
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
* Learn and use groundbreaking technologies
* Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs
* Interact with leading technologists around the world
* Leverage your extensive customer support experience to improve our products

Basic Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in IS, IT, or a related technical degree
* Must be currently enrolled in school or graduated within the last 12 months
* Excellent troubleshooting ability

Preferred Qualifications:
* System Administration (Linux / Windows) experience
* Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
* Database experience (Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
* Customer support experience

Please send your resume to laured at amazon.com<mailto:laured at amazon.com>.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jill Cunanan
Recruiting Assistant, University Programs
Amazon

E: cunanann at amazon.com<mailto:cunanann at amazon.com>
P: 206-740-8808

Work hard. Have fun. Make history.