[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer Firmware @ HP

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 8 15:41:47 PST 2013

For more info see:
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=4866122&trk=eml-anet_dig-b_premjb-ttl-cn&ut=1UUCSjrHqSAlE1

[Current Company Logo]<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>
Software Engineer Firmware

Hewlett-Packard <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/1025?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, OR (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description
Description

Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware (e.g., DSP, embedded code, BIOS). Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages (e.g., C, C++).

Responsibilities

  *   Designs limited enhancements, updates, and programming changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI
  *   Analyzes design and determines coding, programming, and integration activities required based on specific objectives and established project guidelines.
  *   Executes and writes portions of testing plans, protocols, and documentation for assigned portion of application; identifies and debugs issues with code and suggests changes or improvements
  *   Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for assigned systems portion or subsystem
  *   Collaborates and communicates with internal and outsourced development partners regarding firmware design status, project progress, and issue resolution

QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and Experience

  *   Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
  *   Minimum 2-4 years experience
Knowledge and Skills

  *   Using firmware design tools and languages.
  *   Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
  *   General understanding of firmware and hardware design, including interactions and integrations of firmware with hardware
  *   Firmware testing methodology, including execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
  *   Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate design proposals and negotiate options.

Company Description
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world. We explore how technology and services can help people and companies address their problems and challenges, and realize their possibilities, aspirations and dreams. We apply new thinking and ideas to create more simple, valuable and trusted experiences with technology, continuously improving the way our customers live and work.

No other company offers as complete a technology product portfolio as HP. We provide infrastructure and business offerings that span from handheld devices to some of the world's most powerful supercomputer installations. We offer consumers a wide range of products and services from digital photography to digital entertainment and from computing to home printing. This comprehensive portfolio helps us match the right products, services and solutions to our customers' specific needs.
Additional Information
Type: Full-time
Experience: Entry level
Functions: Information Technology, Engineering
Industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Information Technology and Services
Employer Job ID: 1044839
Job ID: 4866122