[Eecs-news-links] PGE Is Hiring - Engineer I/II Electrical Distribution Engineering - Req R13-027

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Fri Mar 8 14:34:02 PST 2013

Engineer II/III--R13-027
Position Title:

 Engineer I/II Electrical Distribution Engineering

Req:

 R13-027

Location:

 PSC - Portland Service Center - Portland

Department:

 311 - Dist Engr East/Central Region

  Job Description:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 22, 2013

Portland General Electric (PGE) values teamwork, diversity and innovation needed to provide customers with safe and reliable power. J.D. Power & Associates 2013 Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction StudySM ranks PGE highest in the Western United States in overall business customer satisfaction.
PGE provides a friendly, supportive atmosphere with resources and support you need to succeed in an enriching, challenging and fun place to work; in a beautiful place to live. Average tenure of PGE employees is almost 14 years working in an essential, dynamic industry. Consider joining our PGE team helping shape Oregon's energy future.

Engineer I/II, Electrical Distribution Engineering (R13-027)

In this position you will provide engineering solutions to a wide variety of power distribution needs from correcting low-voltage problems to building new high-capacity overhead and underground lines. You will be responsible for design, operation and maintenance of facilities with emphasis on high reliability and quality of service. You will support field operations, customer services, outage restoration and system planning activities.
This position will be filled at the Engineer I or II level commensurate with the applicant's experience.
Engineer II candidates typically have:
*         Passed the EIT exam and have minimum of two years' experience with appropriate performance evaluations, or have four years' experience with appropriate performance evaluations.
Top candidates will have
*         B.S. degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
*         Working knowledge of fundamental engineering and economic principles/concepts
*         General understanding of the utility business with experience in power engineering
*         Good human relations skills and effective oral and written communication skills
*         Valid driver's license with evidence of a safe driving record
*         Ability to work outdoors in all seasons
*         Availability to work during storms to evaluate and prioritize restoration efforts - Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric
To be considered an applicant for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R13-027 by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits - medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more. PGE provides on-the-job training and other programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience; provides rewards for meeting company goals; encourages health, safety, fellowship and community volunteerism.

PGE is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.

Staffing Services Contact:
Kathrine Litchfield
503-464-7250
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kathrinelitchfield