[Eecs-news-links] FW: Cambia summer internship

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Mar 6 16:27:27 PST 2013

Dear Colleagues,
I have recently posted a new summer internship that would be perfect for a business information systems or computer science major. This position will be available in Seattle, Portland or Salt Lake City. I would appreciate your help in promoting this role to qualified candidates:
Infrastructure Internship
Available in Portland, OR, Seattle, WA or Salt Lake City, UT
This twelve-week temporary position will last from May/June through August/September

This intern will participate in a team environment installing, configuring and supporting application platform infrastructure technologies such as Web Servers, Application Servers, Messaging Engines and Directory Services. The emphasis for this position is on multi-platform IIS/.NET support and administration. These technologies are leveraged to support the development and ongoing sustainment of applications created to meet Regence's business needs. This position provides technical, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work.

Possible projects include:
*         Developing a user interface for the documentation DB using Microsoft .Net and/or MS Access tools as a front end interface to SQL Server Database
*         Assist with documentation
*         In addition to the above duties, the IT Infrastructure Service intern will function as part of the Infrastructure team and work in areas necessary to gain an understanding of the organization; this may include working in a capacity which is outside the specific scope of the project
Key qualifications and experience:
*         Minimum of 2 years university education, working towards a degree in computer science, business information systems or a related degree program
*         Experience in a multi-platform environment
*         Must understand how applications interface with infrastructure
*         Must be able to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with clients, coworkers and management
*         Must be able to work with minimum direction and plan his/her own work
*         Must be able to take direction from others in analyzing and solving software product issues and problems
*         Possess prior documentation experience
*         Excellent organization skills, writing, proven ability to multi-task and work independently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
*         Must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate degree program through spring 2013
*         Candidate must possess a minimum cumulative 3.0 undergraduate grade point average
*         Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
A strong candidate will possess:
*         Strong technical background
*         Good troubleshooting skills
*         The ability to work well in a team environment
*         Effective time management
*         Proficiency using a variety of software tools
*         Resourcefulness

Interested candidates should search and apply for job #662456 online: http://www.cambiahealth.com/careers.

At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren't satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. A drug screen and background check is required.

Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.

We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.

Thank you for your help!
Michelle

Michelle Schwartz, MPA
College Relations Lead
Cambia Military Community Resource Group Member
Cambia PRIDE Employee Resource Group Member
Human Resources
ph. 503-273-4132
fax 503-412-7979
michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com<mailto:michelle.schwartz at cambiahealth.com>
http://www.cambiahealth.com/careers

[Cambia.Logo.Horiz.jpg]

Ensure a sustainable future - only print when necessary.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, including any attachment, contains information that may be confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited. Nothing in this email, including any attachment, is intended to be a legally binding signature.