[Eecs-news-links] FW: Looking for a student programmer

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 18 13:33:06 PDT 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Bolte, John [mailto:John.Bolte at oregonstate.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 12:42 PM
To: terri at eecs.oregonstate.edu
Subject: Looking for a student programmer

Terri - I'm looking for up to 3 positions for student programmers and I'm hoping you can circulate this to an appropriate list in EECS:

1) C++ programmer, familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio required, familiarity with programming for Windows platform required, familiarity with MFC a plus.

2) C# programmer, familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio required, familiarity with programming for ASP.Net platform required, familiarity with developing web applications a plus.

Full time over the summer, negotiable after that.  Undergrad or grad.  Salary commensurate with experience.

All positions will  involve programming related to Envision, a software package for modeling coupled natural and human systems.  Knowledge of the application domain not required, but familiarity with concepts of GIS and spatial modeling are a definite plus.

I would appreciate it if you could distribute this widely, particular to talented CS students!

Contact me for more info:

John Bolte, Professor and Head
Biological & Ecological Engineering Dept Oregon State University
Email: john.bolte at oregonstate.edu
Phone: 541-737-6303.

Thanks!

- John