[Eecs-news-links] FW: Promote Technology Activism 3rd Monday

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Thu Jun 13 16:12:26 PDT 2013

From: davidson.jennif at gmail.com [mailto:davidson.jennif at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jen D
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 1:56 PM
To: Sumida, Gale
Cc: Sean McGregor
Subject: Promote Technology Activism 3rd Monday

Hey Gale,

Sean McGregor (Machine Learning PhD Student) and myself (HCI PhD Student) are organizing a monthly meetup in Portland. I was wondering if you could add the following post to the weekly newsletter that goes to EECS grad and undergrads?

"Technology Activism 3rd Monday

We are starting an informal meetup designed to connect software
creators and activists who are interested in censorship, surveillance,
and open technology [1]. Director of the Freedombox Foundation and
keynote speaker at this year's Open Source Bridge conference [2],
James Vasile [3], will be talking with us at
the meetup.

We have two generous sponsors for this event. Puppet Labs will be
providing space and Gli.ph will be providing refreshments for
everyone! The event is free, but please RSVP [4].

June 17th at 6pm: http://ta3m-pdx-1.eventbrite.com/

We hope to see you there!

[1] http://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays
[2] http://opensourcebridge.org/