[Eecs-news-links] FW: Software Developer Opportunities at HP

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 31 14:29:59 PDT 2013

Corvallis, OR  97331
Phone (541) 737-8895

From: McDaniel, Stan (R&D - San Diego) [mailto:stan.mcdaniel at hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:13 AM
To: parhammj at eecs.orst.edu<mailto:parhammj at eecs.orst.edu>
Cc: Kuziej, Greg (PPS-IPS-CB R&D); Sims, Nona
Subject: Software Developer Opportunities at HP

Hi Professor Parham-Mocello,

Our names are Greg Kuziej and Stan McDaniel.  We are R&D Managers at Hewlett-Packard and we work in a lab organization that is responsible for developing cloud services and mobile solutions for consumer and commercial printers.   These include services like ink subscription (HP Instant Ink<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBYPO-3G-wM>), mobile/tablet printing (HP ePrint Mobile App<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WO16CsyPpk>) and other printer related cloud service.  Between our two teams there are approximately 40 software engineers, but we are in process of growing the organization to help better meet the grow demand for our services.   Our current plan is to add approximately 12 software development engineers to our teams in Vancouver, WA.

We would be highly appreciative if you could share this opportunity with your students that may be graduating soon or recently graduated.  We would strongly encourage any interested students to contact our associate, Nona Sims, directly.  A requisition will be posted on HP.com<http://www8.hp.com/us/en/jobsathp/?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001> soon.  However in the meantime, we have attached a copy of the job description.

Nona's contact information:

-        Nona.Sims at hp.com<mailto:Nona.Sims at hp.com>

-        858.655.4721

Best regards,
Greg and Stan

At HP, we don't just dream about the future. We invent it. We are focused on delivering market leading technologies and solutions with world-class quality.
HP has a longstanding commitment to recruit, retain and develop the most skilled employees in our industry. Fostering the best talent relies on providing extensive opportunities for continual learning and growth. This takes place through activities including training, mentoring and leadership development. We are committed to excellence and the development of our employees.