[Eecs-news-links] 13-13506 Firmware Engineer @ Marvell (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 17 16:26:12 PDT 2013

<http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3772?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp>
13-13506 Firmware Engineer, Corvallis, OR

Marvell Semiconductor <http://www.linkedin.com/companies/3772?dspporc=&trk=jobtocomp> - Corvallis, Oregon (Corvallis, Oregon Area)

Job Description

As a firmware engineer you will belong to a team responsible for developing and debugging the firmware underpinning of our products. In this role, you will architect, develop, and debug firmware while working closely with the rest of our team.

This position requires an individual who is creative, team-oriented, technologically savvy, and driven to produce results. This position requires the candidate to be comfortable working hands-on with prototype hardware used for debugging.

Candidates must be comfortable working in a non-routine environment solving complex unstructured problems that don't always have obvious answers.

Duties and responsibilities:
* Developing and testing firmware
* Using developed firmware to test and validate hardware
* Communicating with other team members progress and learning
* Participation in technical communications within the team and with other groups associated with specified projects
* A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
* Working and communicating effectively with engineering staff and management levels employees within and outside the department

Desired Skills & Experience

Qualifications
* Minimum: BS degree is required plus 6 years of experience
* Preferred: MS degree plus 3 years of experience
* Electrical, Computer, EE/CE, EE/CS, Computer Science, or equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to have successfully completed similar roles
* Demonstrated success in previous positions
* Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
* Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
* Creative approach to complex problem solving

Technical Skills
* Embedded development experience a must
* Excellent programming knowledge and skills especially 'C' a must
* Embedded OS kernel, low-level, device drivers a plus
* Natural debugging skills and an extra dose of common sense
* Ability to learn and adapt to new systems quickly

Company Description

We are a leading fabless semiconductor company that ships over one billion chips a year. Our employees bring expertise in microprocessor architecture and digital signal processing. Their skills are what drive our multiple platforms including high volume storage solutions, mobile and wireless, networking, consumer, and green products.