[Eecs-news-links] Applications Engineer @ Kelly Engineering Resources (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 17 16:24:44 PDT 2013

Job Description
Are you looking for a great opportunity to get involved with project management? Do you have excellent technical communication skills? Kelly Engineering Resources is currently reviewing resumes for an Applications Engineer to work with one of our clients in the Corvallis, Oregon area. This is a full-time, direct-hire opportunity with a growing company site. Salary for this position starts in the mid 60K range and increases with a candidate's years of experience. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, apply directly by following the link below and a recruiter will respond promptly.

JOB SUMMARY

Performs a wide variety of technical assessments of Customers' and Markets' requirements in support of Sales and Business development activities, reviews design, performance and overall systems requirements and functional data with the engineering group, develops and prepares detailed proposals for potential and existing accounts/customers.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS

1. Responsible for conceptual development, preparation of cost model and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.

2. Involves key members of engineering management in cost models and conceptual layout, in projects where technical complexity is large.

3. Assists engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications.

4. Involves third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.

5. Travels to the customer?s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.

6. Provides sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.

7. Obtains and prepares detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.

8. Assembles and collects all necessary technical information and customer specifications from engineering and sales & marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.

9. Adequately defines scope of work in proposals to allow project manager and project team to begin work on system.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial design/Engineering or equivalent.

2. Three years experience in mechanical/electrical systems design and applications engineering, working knowledge of material handling, robotics, machine controls and manufacturing engineering and processes. Requires solid technical assessment and presentation skills, knowledge of preparing complex proposals and quotes.

3. Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design tools such as 2D and 3D software AutoCAD or Solidworks.
Company Description
Our vision is to provide the world's best workforce solutions through a comprehensive array of outsourcing, consulting and world-class staffing services. Around the globe, we achieve this vision by providing unmatched levels of personal and trusted service, building long-term relationships and always putting people first. We welcome the varied talents of all people who share this philosophy of service, team work, and integrity. For these people, we offer a wide range of opportunities to cultivate their talents and employ them in our ever-changing global workplace.