[Eecs-news-links] Software Developer for Image Analysis @ Lucidyne Technologies, Inc. (Corvallis, OR)

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 17 16:22:06 PDT 2013

Job Description
Implement and test machine vision algorithms to classify defects in lumber with our senior image processing staff.
Validate code changes using regression testing against an archive of customer data
Verify sensor performance using custom calibration software and analysis tools
Interact with customers to capture requirements for software upgrades
Maintain and update C++ code for image processing improvements and computational geometry extensions
Desired Skills & Experience
Must have 3-5 years experience with C++ and a MS or PhD degree in computer science with a focus on computer vision or a related field. Must have knowledge of Software Engineering and demonstrate competence. Good mathematics and troubleshooting skills are required. Vision to see big picture and problem solving ability are also a must. Additional desired experience in: Real time systems, Subversion, Xml, Windows OS, PC troubleshooting, and basic electronics skills.
Our reputation depends on our programs being reliable and extensible.  Your code will control our customer's production lines so errors are expensive.  Please use your cover letter to describe what modern software engineering principles you have used to help you write bug-free code while holding to on-time delivery schedules. Applicants must be fluent in English and have the energy to produce results under time constraints. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
Company Description
Lucidyne is the leading scanning company for the lumber industry specializing in linear scanners for final grading. In addition to GradeScan, ChopScan and RipScan that are all built on the same technologies, Lucidyne makes the M5 GMR and provides SI solutions for planer mills.
Operating in Corvallis, Oregon, Lucidyne is proud to design and manufacture its products in the US and sells them all over the globe.
We are seeking an experienced & talented person to join our software/engineering development team. We offer rewarding challenges, a stimulating work environment in a small company, 401K with employer contributions and the college town amenities of Corvallis, Oregon.
Our scanning systems include multiple cameras and sensors, electronics, multiple PCs and network equipment. The mechanical and electrical components of the system are highly integrated into the customer's production flow and equipment. Software developers must understand the underlying technology and also appreciate the perspective of end users (operators, technicians, etc.), to develop efficient applications.
We're looking for a person that will take pride in their work and will help us make our product the best it can be.  That person will have a solid background in computer vision and image analysis plus is familiar with current computer vision research literature.