[Eecs-news-links] FW: Oregon Bioscience Annual Conference

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Wed Jul 10 10:46:24 PDT 2013

From: Fiez, Terri
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 10:29 AM
To: Sumida, Gale
Subject: FW: Oregon Bioscience Annual Conference

From: inform-c02-bounces at lists.oregonstate.edu<mailto:inform-c02-bounces at lists.oregonstate.edu> [mailto:inform-c02-bounces at lists.oregonstate.edu] On Behalf Of Meink, Viki S
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:51 AM
To: grad-advisor at lists.oregonstate.edu<mailto:grad-advisor at lists.oregonstate.edu>; Inform-C02 (Academic/Research Heads/Chairs/Directors)
Subject: [Inform-c02] Oregon Bioscience Annual Conference

Please forward to your students who may be interested in participating.  Thank you.  Viki

Viki Meink
Executive Assistant to the Dean
Graduate School
Oregon State University
300 Kerr Administration Bldg.
Corvallis, OR  97331-2121
(541) 737-1456
Fax: (541) 737-3313
viki.meink at oregonstate.edu<mailto:viki.meink at oregonstate.edu>
oregonstate.edu/dept/grad_school

Call for Poster Abstracts for Oregon Bioscience Association Annual Conference

We are pleased to announce a Call for Poster Abstracts for Oregon Bioscience's 2013 Annual Conference: Bioscience Digitization and Discovery.  Please see the accompanying brochure for more details about Oregon's premiere bioscience conference, or please visit https://oregonbio.org/events/annual-conference-2013.  Abstracts for Posters from both academic and industry research efforts across all sectors of bioscience are encouraged.

The Poster Session presents a unique opportunity for gaining feedback on and raising awareness of your research, establishing new collaborations and partnerships, and learning about the latest Northwest bioscience developments.

Poster Abstract Submission Process:

Poster Abstracts must be submitted for consideration by August 1, 2013 to jfox at otradi.org<mailto:jfox at otradi.org>. Poster space is limited; we will choose the top 5-10 poster abstracts for invitation to present at the conference. Preference will be given to students that have passed their qualifying exams, with additional preference given for more senior students.

Please include "Poster Abstract Submission 2013" in the email's subject line. Your abstract should include the following information:

*       Name and contact information
*       Title of Poster
*       Abstract (<300 words)

Poster Guidelines:

Posters will be displayed for the duration of the conference from Monday evening, September 16th until Wednesday afternoon, September 18th.  Posters will be presented on Tuesday afternoon, September 17, 2013 in Marylhurst University's Exhibit Hall.  Poster presenters will be assigned a poster number/slot upon acceptance of their submitted abstract.

  *   Poster Set-Up:
Any time after 3 pm on Monday September 16th, but no later than 12 pm (noon) on Tuesday September 17th
  *   Poster Presentation:
Presented on Tuesday afternoon, September 17th.  Posters will be displayed during entire conference for viewing as well
  *   Poster Removal:
Any time after 6 pm on Tuesday, September 17th, but no later than 6 pm on Wednesday September 18th

Poster Dimensions:

Poster size may not exceed 4 feet across and 3 feet high.
Each poster will be assigned a number, and each board will be numbered on the upper left corner. Be sure you place your poster on the board number for which you have been assigned. If you do not know your poster assignment number, please refer to the Conference Program - Poster Abstracts Section.

Please provide your own supplies, including pushpins to mount your poster. Handouts are encouraged for participants wishing to receive more information about your poster and research.

Thank you again for your help, and we look forward to showcasing student research as part of this year's Research Pavilion.

All the best,
Jennifer

[OTRADI Logo Colors 2]

Jennifer E. Fox, Ph.D.