[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineer - Mask Synthesis @ Mentor Graphics (Wilsonville, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jul 1 20:11:17 PDT 2013
Software Development Engineer - Mask Synthesis
Mentor Graphics Corporation (MENT) is a global technology leader in electronic design automation software. Our software tools enable companies around the world to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board and system design.
The Software Development Engineer will be part of the Calibre R&D team and focus on the research and optimization of advanced algorithms for next generation computational lithography ( OPC ) and resolution enhancement techniques ( RET ).
* Conducting experiments and analyzing large amounts of data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics
* Designing, developing and optimizing complete software systems using scientific analysis
* Modifying existing software to correct critical errors in real customer designs.
* Focusing on designing parallel algorithms to speed up computation Interact with other teams like marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features
* Interacting with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
* Conceptualizing projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
* Interacting with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
* Masters/Bachelors in CS/EE or similar is required (additional experience may be acceptable in lieu of MS.
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of professional software development experience developing high performance software in C/C++ using object oriented programming
* Strong background in algorithms and data structures, mathematics, statistics and data analysis is required
* Must have experience in research and development of various EDA / CAD tools and methodologies with a focus on OPC tools
* Strong knowledge of lithographic process, graph theory, RET, DFM / MFD is highly preferred
* Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is preferred
* Expertise in various software development tools like debuggers (gdb), version management (CVS), software quality enhancement tools (valgrind, purify, quantify) etc is required.
* Experience with Calibre SVRF for DRC is a strong plus -
* Preferred Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python or TCL)
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes up to 32 days of vacation/holidays per year, 401k matching, Stock purchase plan, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability and much more. Our Wilsonville site also has an onsite, 24/7 workout facility, full service cafeteria, day care center, basketball courts, sand volleyball, and daily exercise classes.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links