[Eecs-news-links] Solar Oregon Solar Conference

Sumida, Gale gale.sumida at oregonstate.edu
Thu Aug 29 11:44:42 PDT 2013

From: Visit OSU
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 2:05 PM
To: Vawter, Blake
Subject: FW: Upcoming Solar Oregon Solar Conference

TOUR Ambassador
Team Of  Undergraduate Recruiters
Oregon State University
541-737-2626
Visit.Osu at oregonstate.edu<mailto:Visit.Osu at oregonstate.edu>
GO BEAVERS!!

From: Solar Oregon [mailto:info at solaroregon.org]
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2013 12:26 PM
To: Visit OSU
Subject: Upcoming Solar Oregon Solar Conference

Hi Blake,

I would like to inform the Oregon State University students about Solar Oregon's upcoming conference. The conference focuses on solar energy and its local application. This conference offers wonderful networking and skill building opportunities for your students. Below I have included a short blurb about our event for dissemination to students and staff. Furthermore, please feel free to email me or Emily (emily at solaroregon.org<mailto:emily at solaroregon.org>) if you would like any additional information or materials!
Solar Now! University Conference

Join us for the fourth annual Solar Now! University, scheduled for September 26-28 in Coos Bay, Ore. Geared towards helping Oregon communities plan, create and manage their own solar programs, this year's conference is led by Solar Oregon in collaboration with Energy Trust of Oregon, Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability and Oregon Department of Energy.

Solar Now! University attracts solar experts and solar champions from across the state, representing the government, industry and nonprofit sectors. The 2013 conference will address the objectives of the Rooftop Solar Challenge II, designed to advance innovative, local-government-level solutions for eliminating market barriers and lowering the costs of grid-tied photovoltaics. Sessions will cover topics ranging from financing options to solar policy issues to community-scale solar energy systems. The program also includes dining at Coos Bay's solar brewery, and a tour of the Coos Bay Fire Station and its solar electric and solar water heating systems.

To register, please visit: http://solaroregon.org/solar-now. <http://solaroregon.org/solar-now> Student discounts are available. We look forward to your attendance and participation!

I appreciate your assistance in getting the word out. Best,

Alexis Gabriel

--
Solar Oregon
1231 NW Hoyt St. Ste 402