[Eecs-news-links] Web Development Engineer @ HP

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Aug 26 16:14:02 PDT 2013

The Consumer Business organization is an exciting, fast-paced organization that is reinventing printing for both the consumer and the commercial segment. You could be part of team that is building new software solutions and services like ink subscription, mobile/tablet printing and other printer related cloud services. Many of the teams use Agile/XP Paired Programming and the latest development, deployment and diagnostic approaches. We are looking for highly motivated and talented web developers to join us in pursuing this exciting opportunity as part of HP.
Qualifications
Musts:
* Bachelor's (undergraduate), Master's (graduate), or Ph.D. (post graduate) degree in Computer Science or equivalent from an accredited institution
* Excellent communication skills
* Interest in System Engineering
* Debugging experience
* Familiarity with Web languages, protocols and tools (with Model-View-Controller)
* Experience in Object Oriented design
* Experience working as member of a team.
* Experience in translating from requirements into design, from design into subsystems.
* Result oriented and schedule driven
* Good written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Understanding of Agile methodologies
* Must be a recent college graduate (within the past 12 months)
Wants:
* Industry software development experience (via Internship)
* Ruby-on-Rails skills
* Database skills (MySQL)
* Javascript experience
* CSS experience
* Familiarity with Linux command line
* Ability to analyze the performance and scalability of complex systems
* Test-Driven-Development, Unit Test, RSpec
* Experience using GIT version control
* Database querying and design
* Pair Programming/ XP development
* Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
* Ability to work with fast changing requirements, vague requirements
We would strongly encourage any interested students to contact our associate, Nona Sims, directly. A requisition will be posted on HP.com soon. However in the meantime, we have attached a copy of the job description.

Nona's contact information:
- Nona.Sims at hp.com
- 858.655.4721

- Nona.Sims at hp.com