[Eecs-news-links] Software Developer @ Aequitas Management, Inc.

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Aug 26 16:13:22 PDT 2013

We do not expect recent college grads to have all the experience but knowledge of most of the skill sets - please direct interested candidates to my attention -- again, let us know if you have any questions - thanks -- Ed
eFlaherty at aequitascapital.com
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. ("Aequitas Capital"), with nearly $500 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit.

CarePayment provides flexible healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment's 0.0% APR payment plan, issued by WebBank of Salt Lake City, UT, requires no application, has no impact on credit score, and enables patients to pay for healthcare services over an extended period of time, while providing healthcare providers with immediate funding for patient-pay receivables. The people at CarePayment are a team of dedicated professionals who know healthcare, and who care. Experienced in many facets of the industry, each individual contributes talents and skills that complement and support the team. We run like a business. We make work fun. And we care like family.

This position is responsible for ongoing design and development of the CarePayment software suite. This individual must be forward-thinking and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency. Successful candidates must be able to work independently as well as be a team player in our agile environment.
Essential Functions
* Technical analysis and design of systems, applications, processes, and components
* Ongoing development of CarePayment software suite
* .NET, C# software development
* SQL Server database design and development
* Technical liaison and resource for any outsourced development teams
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the company

Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education
* Degree in Computer Science, IT, MIS, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required

Experience:
* 1-2 years of progressive experience .NET programming
* 1-2 years of progressive experience C# programming
* 1-2 years of experience with SQL Server database design and development

Knowledge, skills and abilities
* Experience with .NET and C# development. Experience with MVC, Entity Framework, JavaScript / CoffeeScript, HTML, CSS/LESS, and/or WCF is beneficial
* Familiarity with unit-testing techniques
* Experience with SQL Server database design and development
* Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment

Other requirements:
* Willingness to uphold the philosophies outlined in The Aequitas Way
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, etc.):
* Additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals and projects
* Ability to sit for long periods of time

Aequitas Capital offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, life and disability benefits, as well as an employer-match 401(k) plan.