[Eecs-news-links] Software Engineers & Programmers Needed for Start-Up Weekend

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Apr 29 19:03:24 PDT 2013

From: Anthony Harris [mailto:anthonyharris.akh at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 6:40 PM

Start-Up Weekend is a collaboration of volunteers that dedicate 54 hours in developing and eventually pitching a given product. The app I'm proposing is a "tutor app", which targets middle school, high school, and undergraduate students. I've been tutoring students for approximately 5 years, and with this app I hope to reduce the FWD (Failure, withdrawal, or "D" grade) rate in topics related to science or mathematics. In terms of smart-phone carrier, anything is fair game; the goal is to eventually reach all carriers, but any carrier will suffice as a basis.  Here's the information relating to OSU Start-Up Weekend. If you could help spread the word about this event we would greatly appreciate it.

Head Director:Akili King
akili.king47 at gmail.com<mailto:akili.king47 at gmail.com>
Co-Director & Associate OSU Athletic Director: Marianne Vydra
marianne.vydra at oregonstate.edu<mailto:marianne.vydra at oregonstate.edu>

Website
http://oregonstate.startupweekend.org/
Facebook