[Eecs-news-links] Applications Engineer @ ATS Automation (Corvallis, OR)
tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Apr 28 19:31:40 PDT 2013
For more info see:
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. provides innovative, custom designed, built and installed manufacturing solutions to many of the world's most successful companies. Founded in 1978, ATS uses its industry-leading knowledge and global capabilities to serve the sophisticated automation systems' needs of multinational customers in industries such as healthcare, computer/electronics, automotive and consumer products. It also leverages its many years of repetitive manufacturing experience and skills to fulfill the specialized repetitive equipment manufacturing requirements of customers.
ATS Systems Oregon is located in Corvallis, Oregon home of the Oregon State Beavers. Our 220,000 square feet manufacturing facility is home to a growing population of over 100 employees.
Performs a wide variety of technical assessments of Customers' and Markets' requirements in support of Sales and Business development activities, reviews design, performance and overall systems requirements and functional data with the engineering group, develops and prepares detailed proposals for potential and existing accounts/customers.
1. Responsible for conceptual development, preparation of cost model and writing detailed technical proposals for all types of automation equipment and projects.
2. Involves key members of engineering management in cost models and conceptual layout, in projects where technical complexity is large.
3. Assists engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications.
4. Involves third party vendors and suppliers in the quoting process, where necessary.
5. Travels to the customer's site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
6. Provides sales presentations to customer personnel, when required.
7. Obtains and prepares detailed estimates of time, quantities, labor and material costs required for work areas such as; product design, testing, machine building, equipment installations and manufacturing processes.
8. Assembles and collects all necessary technical information and customer specifications from engineering and sales & marketing, in order to prepare detailed proposals.
9. Assists in special projects in support for engineering and sales and marketing.
10. Adequately defines scope of work in proposals to allow project manager and project team to begin work on system.
11. Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
12. Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
Environment, Health and Safety Responsibilities
1. Comply with all Environmental, Health and Safety policies, procedures and work instructions in compliance with corporate, federal, state and OSHA laws and regulations.
2. Assist as required to correct non-compliances and implement changes to ensure site compliance for all Environmental, Health and Safety regulations.
3. Comply with all emergency response procedures and employee responsibilities to ensure safety of all employees
4. Recommend process improvements to make the facility a safe and environmentally-friendly workplace.
1. Assists and attends technical seminars and industry exhibitions.
2. Assists in formulating departmental strategic plan.
3. Serves as a member of various employee and organizational committees.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
1. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial design/Engineering or equivalent.
2. Three years experience in mechanical/electrical systems design and applications engineering, working knowledge of material handling, robotics, machine controls and manufacturing engineering and processes. Requires solid technical assessment and presentation skills, knowledge of preparing complex proposals and quotes.
3. Demonstrated technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and design tools such as 2D and 3D software ACAD or Solidworks.
4. Valid State Driver's License required.
ATS Automation Tooling Systems Inc. provides innovative,custom designed, built and installed manufacturing solutions to many of the world'smost successful companies. Founded in 1978, ATS uses its industry-leadingknowledge and global capabilities to serve the sophisticated automation systems'needs of multinational customers in industries such as healthcare,computer/electronics, automotive and consumer products. It also leveragesits many years of repetitive manufacturing experience and skills to fulfill thespecialized repetitive equipment manufacturing requirements of customers.Through its Photowatt solar business, ATS participates in the growing solarenergy industry. ATS employs approximately 2,400 people at 20 manufacturing facilitiesin Canada, the United States, Europe, southeast Asia and China.The Company's shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange underthe symbol ATA.
Job ID: 5469827
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Eecs-news-links