[Eecs-news-links] FW: BPA job posting - could you get word out at OSU?

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Sun Apr 28 12:24:32 PDT 2013

From: Albright,Margaret I (BPA) - TOT-DITT2 [mailto:mialbright at bpa.gov]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:21 PM
<snip>

  Technical Operations has just put out a job posting that allows us to hire all the way from graduating Seniors to experienced engineers.  This is for a brand new function in our group that will be working on the dispatch floor 24 hours a day analyzing the system.  Would you be willing to let your professors know and ask them to get word to graduating Seniors?   I'm attaching a flyer with more details.

Thank you,
Margaret (Meg) Albright, PE, PMP
Manager, Technical Operations
Bonneville Power Administration
Routing: TOT-Ditt2
PO Box 491
Vancouver, Washington 98666-0491
Phone: 360-418-2856
Fax: 360-418-2963
email: mialbright at bpa.gov<mailto:mialbright at bpa.gov>

The Bonneville Power Administration is offering a unique opportunity to graduating engineers to begin their career in energy.  Please apply today on our engineering vacancy announcement. This position is for study engineers working on a shift work (12 hour) schedule.  We will be accepting applications from 4/23/13 to 5/6/13.  Positions will be filled in Vancouver and Spokane, Washington.  Training will take place in Vancouver, Washington.

Please find our vacancy announcement at: Avue / BPA<https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/casting/aiportal/control/mainmenu?agency=bpa>, enter "Electrical Engineer" in the search by job title field and click the "search jobs now" button to open the vacancy announcement.  To expedite the creation of your online application, prepare a resume and have an electronic version of your transcripts ready to upload into your online application.

BPA has been powering people and careers for 75 years. We provide clean, emissions-free electricity to the Pacific Northwest and maintain a high voltage transmission system to deliver that electricity.

We are a leader in sustainability and environmental stewardship, promoting energy efficiency, renewable wind, solar and hydropower, the smart grid, fish and wildlife protection and initiatives to address climate change.

We are a visionary and innovative agency that values diversity and creativity and encourages continuous learning. Join us and help define the future of energy!