[Eecs-news-links] FW: Startup Weekend

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Wed Apr 17 09:55:25 PDT 2013

From: Charles Gilmur [mailto:charliegilmur at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:05 AM

Charlie Gilmur here.  We spoke through email briefly before the end of the term and discussed the Startup Weekend that Oregon State Athletics is putting on for the campus in May.  We talked about having information on the event included in emails to students.  I have pasted below a copy of what could be used to inform students of the event.  I also have attached a flyer for the event.  Would you still be able to distribute the information?
Thank you for your time and I greatly appreciate the help and support.

Sincerely,
Charlie Gilmur

The Big Idea: Your Ideas can Change the World.

In six years, there have been more than 1,000 Startup Weekends just like this in 450 cities in 104 countries. This very weekend, in fact, there are 10 other Startup Weekends happening all around the world. More than 100,000 people have done it. It is, in short, the world's most popular start-up event, inspired by a simple, exhilarating promise: "No Talk, All Action. Launch a Startup in 54 Hours."

Oregon State University Athletics is hosting this event for students, athletes, faculty, alumni and the community at large. Registration is open<http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5378932532>.

Startup Weekend Oregon State<http://oregonstate.startupweekend.org/> gives you a safe environment and a proven method to test your ideas! So bring an Idea or help someone build their idea into a business Prototype in 54 hours!

Oregon State's Startup Weekend will be May 10 - 12 at the Club Level of Reser Stadium in Corvallis, Ore. Registration is open<http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5378932532>.

What you get:

A Chance to Change the World with Your Ideas!

Friday and Sunday:  Coach Riley, Beer, and Wine

Friday - Sunday: 7 Meals, Coffee, Energy Drinks, Water, Swag, and Snacks

54 hours to build your network

Club Level Reser Stadium

May 10-12

Early Bird Price $25 ends April 15.