[Eecs-news-links] FW: Aerotek Engineering- Software Engineer

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Mon Apr 8 10:10:29 PDT 2013

From: Ruberg, Veronica [mailto:vruberg at aerotek.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2013 9:57 AM
Subject: Aerotek Engineering- Software Engineer

Hi Colisse,

Thank you so much for your willingness to help with the position I'm working on.

I'm sure our client company would be very interested in talking to the OSU graduates about this position I'm working on. The details are below, please let me know if you have any questions. This company is hoping to see resumes of candidates by Wednesday, so please encourage your graduates/students to get in touch with me quickly if they'd like to be considered.

Thanks again,
Veronica

We have a new position with a wood manufacturing company at their Eugene location; this location designs and assembles the electronics for the equipment. They are looking for a Software Engineer for a contract-to-hire position.  Let me know if you have any questions.

BASICS

*         Eugene, OR

*         6 month Contract-To-Hire

*         Pay is dependent on experience/salary history

*         Bachelor's degree required

*         Windows OS experience required

*         Experience with Visual Studio, C++, and C# are required

*         Forestry/wood processing industry a huge plus

*         Looking for someone with electronics or manufacturing experience.

*         Looking for someone who is a big picture thinker and can take a project and run with it.

*         This position is open because someone is retiring and they want to backfill the position while the incumbent is still there to train

RESPONSIBILITIES
Software Developers work within a team environment to enhance and maintain existing software while also developing new software solutions for our diverse and international customer base. Key areas of responsibility and associated duties are as follows:

*         Gathers development specifications to ensure their full range of responsibilities and project requirements are understood prior to beginning a task.

*         Develops features from design through to development for moderate scope projects. Works with a mentor to understand how their task fits within the broader architecture, project and/or total system. Escalates or seeks help for complex issues.

*         Manages their own personal schedule including accurately estimating how long work will take to complete, and prioritizing their workload.

*         Provides support for legacy systems including troubleshooting and resolving issues.

*         Follows prescribed coding standards and methodologies.

*         When updating code or working on existing projects, reads the existing code and considers the implications to the broader project when making changes.

*         Completes required documentation.

*         Completes unit level quality assurance and resolves defect tracking issues independently.

*         May do basic database programming and software interaction with databases.

*         Provides after-hours pager support related to their projects. Resolves issues to ensure minimum disruption to customer's operations.

REQUIREMENTS

*         Experience interacting and communicating with customers, and working within a team environment, are definite assets.

*         Experience in the forestry industry is also a definite asset.

*         Two year diploma in Computer Science or related; preference given to Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.

*         Two or more years experience with C or C++ programming (or comparable University level experiences).

*         Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server would be an asset.

Veronica Ruberg

Recruiter

Engineering

503.403.1952 Phone
503.403.1890 Fax

vruberg at aerotek.com<mailto:vruberg at aerotek.com> Email

[http://www.allegisgroup.com/images/aeroteklogo-notag-sig.jpg]

9020 SW Washington Square Rd, Suite 300

Tigard, OR 97223

www.aerotek.com<http://www.aerotek.com/>

Connect with me on LinkedIN:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/veronica-ruberg/39/7ba/713

This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.