[Eecs-news-links] FW: CampusPoint - Ruby Developer

Batten, Tina tina.batten at oregonstate.edu
Tue Apr 2 09:50:49 PDT 2013

I hope this Tuesday is treating you well. I wanted to reach out to you really quickly about a position that we have open. We are looking for a developer who knows Ruby and are discovering it is harder than we thought. I was wondering if you happened to have any great students or know of any alumni who would be interested in our position? I have gone ahead and included the description below. Feel free to have people email me their resumes directly if you know of anyone. Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to speaking with you.

Job Description: Rails/Ruby Developer
About the Company

Our company was founded in San Francisco, in 1992, by three photographers. Today, with production offices in New York City, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Portland, Oregon, we produce world-class visual content for clients globally.

True to the San Francisco zeitgeist, we've never seen creativity and technology as anything but compatible. We embraced digital production and post-production right from the start, and when we discovered there was no good, comprehensive tracking system for volume photography, we created our own.

Our unique combination of creative vision, technological savvy, boundless resources and innate style has earned us an enviable reputation. We just focus on taking care of our clients and creating work we can be proud of.

Who We Need

We are growing at a tremendous pace and busting at the seam. With studios established and yet to be established, we are looking for a mid-level Ruby developer to join our actively growing team to be a part of this exciting growth opportunity. Candidates are expected to work in a variety of programming languages and environments. They must be a quick learner, self-motivated, and take ownership of problems as this position requires the ability to pick up requisite knowledge quickly with limited supervision. While experience definitely counts; this job requires someone who is a fast and adaptable learner and problem-solver.

The person we need can do the following:
*  Help planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives.
*  Contribute to our software development, standardization of technologies, and evolution of best practices
*  Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization's staff and clients in area outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
*  Work full-time, onsite and travel to various studios as needed
*  Own a variety of mission-critical problems
*  Use your creative programming skills to develop innovative web applications

Solid experience in the following technologies:
*  OOP in Ruby
*  Ruby on Rails
*  Postgresql database
*  Git/Github
*  Heroku
*  Deployment strategies
*  Agile Development
*  TDD/BDD Development
*  jQuery

Bonus Points
*  FilemakerPro experience
*  Photography background
*  CI server experience

Pay Range: $18-$30/hr DOE
Job Availability: Full-Time
Location:  Portland, OR

Best,
Natalie

NATALIE SWARTZENDRUBER   RECRUITING ADMINISTRATOR
T 503.595.2390 x324  |  F 503.222.0122
Seattle   |   Portland<http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=campusPoint+Portland&fb=1&gl=us&hq=campusPoint&hnear=Portland,+OR&cid=8187877672646275385>

Connect with me on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/CampusPointPortland> LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/natalie-swartzendruber/18/2b6/954> Twitter<http://twitter.com/#!/campuspointpdx>